There is a leadership vacuum on the continent in terms of quality, quantity and continuity. In order to address these obstacles, Africa 2.0 has setup a Pan African mentorship programme.
The Africa 2.0 Mentorship Program offers a variety of formal and informal mentorship opportunities based on fostering intergenerational dialogue by sharing experiences and knowledge to ultimately uplift emerging leaders with guidance to the elders around the Africa 2.0 Strategic Pillars.
WHAT MAKES THE PROGRAM UNIQUE?
- It is a medium to disseminate knowledge and expertise of the elders to the new generation of Aspiring African leaders.
- Long term exercise in developing young emerging leaders
- Opens access to top class training and leadership program
- Creates a lasting network of young leaders
- Provides a platform for leaders to engage in the transformation of Africa
- A total of 500 young emerging leaderswill benefit from the program in each country
- It will reduce the gap between African leaders and aspiring toung leaders
The African 2.0 Mentorship Programme will be conducted yearly, virtually and face-to-face between an ssigned mentor and 3 mentees. It is expected that both parties meet in person several times during the duration of the program. Mentees will attend 2 development workshops in their country.
Participants consist of senior leaders, mid career professionals, young professionals, university students and high school individuals.
WHO ARE WE TARGETING?
- Emerging Leaders who will be a representation of all spheres of society (civil society, government and private sector).
- Women are highly encouraged to apply for the program.